- EKKAMAI BUS TERMINAL (SUKHUMVIT RD.)
BTS Sky train at Ekkamai Station
- The Transport Co., Ltd. 1st Class
Air-con bus Bangkok Tel. 0-2391-8097, 0-2391-2504, Trat Tel. 0-3951-1986
- Cherd Chai Tour 1st Class Air-con bus
Bangkok Tel. 0-2391-2237, 0-2391-4164, Trat Tel. 0-3951-1062
- Chok Anukul Tour 1st Class Air-con
bus Bangkok Tel. 0-2392-7680, Trat Tel. 0-3951-1587, 0-3951-1481
- Siparat Tour 1st Class Air-con bus
Bangkok Tel. 0-2391-2331, Trat Tel. 0-3951-1481, 08-1310-2500
- MOCHIT 2 BUS TERMINAL (KAMPHEANGPHET RD.)
MTRA Subway--Blue Line at Kamphaeng Phet Station
- The Transport Co., Ltd. Bangkok Tel.
- Cherd Chai Tour Bangkok Tel.
- Siparat Tour Bangkok Tel.
- Eastern Group (air-con van) departed
every day from Mo Chit 2 (Beneat express way outside the terminal)
Then when the coaches or van service you to Trat Bus Terminal, you must take a cab or minibus to a ferry at Leam Ngob. Fare should not cost you more than 200 Baht.
- By Taxi: Getting out of Bangkok is always going to be troublesom unless you leave very late at night or early in the morning. But one of the most painless ways to travel is order a taxi that will take you all the way to the ferry port at Koh Chang. If you're a good negotiator, you can pay as little as 2,500 Baht one way.
- By Private Car: The best way out of Bangkok is to take Highway no.3 on Bangna-Trat road until you reach Chonburi bypass. Continue along this road, or take the elevated tollway, then take the exit for Klaeng on Highway no. 344. When you reach Kleang, get back on to Highway no.3 again (Highway #3 goes via Pattaya and Rayong) Continue on through Khlung and from here about half-way to Trat, turn off on to Highway #3156, Leam Ngob-Saen Tung road, which will take you along the coast to ferry ports.
§ Travelling from Trat to Ferry Port §
- Center Point Pier (0-3953-8196) is located 23 kilometers from Trat's downtown before Ao Thammachat on route Leam Ngob-Ban Santoong. The ferry departs hourly from 06:00 a.m. to 06:00 p.m.
Fare: Car round-trip free; driver and passengers cost 60 Baht per person. Travelling Time is 45 minutes and get off on Dan Gao Pier.
- Krom Luang Chumphon Pier (wooden boat) is far away from Trat's town about 17 kilometers. There is songtaew( Local Transport) in front of Muang district fresh market. The boat leaves hourly from 07:00 a.m. to 05:00 p.m.
Fare: Round-trip 100 Baht per person, and then get off Dan Gao Pier. Travelling time is just 1 hour.
- Koh Chang Ferry Pier (Ao ThammaChat) call 0-3952-8288 is away from Trat's town around 25 kilometers on route Leam Gnob-Ban
Santung, a little bit further from Center Point Pier. Getting off on Koh Chang Pier near Ban Dan Gao Pier. Ferry take off shore hourly from
07:00 to 07:00 p.m.
Fare: Car round-trip cost 150 Baht, driver free but passengers cost 60 Baht per person. Travelling
time is just 30 minutes, get off on Koh Chang Ferry Pier.
§ Travelling from Pier to Hotel §
From pier, there are many Songtaews waiting visitors to get on and then get off every beaches, like White Sand Beach, Khlong Prao Beach, Kai Bae Beach or the remote accommodation-Bang Bao Bay. Infact, fare for the first three beaches cost passenger not over 50 Baht but other beaches being far away from above mentioned beaches have to show the power of bargaining with drivers before travelling.
***Note: Admission fee for Koh Chang National Park is collected at booths of all the three piers on Leam Ngob mainland. Fee for Thai Nationality Adult is 20 Baht, Child is 10 Baht; however, foreigners are collected for Adult 200 Baht, Child is 100 Baht.
§ BUS FROM PATTAYA AND KOH SAMET TO KOH CHANG §
Thre are daily minibus serving from Pattaya through Ban Pae Pier (Koh Samet pier-Rayong province) to travel Koh Chang ferry. Fare is 400 Baht and travelling time is 4 hours. From Ban Pae to Leam Ngob Pier is 300 Baht. Travelling for the latter is 2.5 hours.
The bus leaves from Pattaya at 08:00 a.m. reaching Ban Pae around 11:00 a.m. And then reaching the pier for taking ferry to Koh Chang at 01:00 p.m. daily. Departure from Trat's Bus Termainal to Pattaya City is plenty of time to catch 05:00 a.m., 09:30 a.m., 12:00 a.m. and lastly 03:00 p.m. everyday. It sound so confused, but funny and adventurous.