Self Travelling to Phuket Island
Text Size + Larger
| + Smaller
§ Select region and province for self-travelling §
- By Air: The best decision from Bangkok to Phuket Island is airplane taking airtime approximately an hour. For more information please contact Thai Airways Intl'
- By Bus: Both air-conditioned buses and non air-conditioned buses leave from Bangkok's Southern Bus Terminal (Sai Tai @
Taling Chan) daily. For more visit Transport official site
- By Rail: There is no direct train to Phuket province; However, for those who prefer a classic trip traveling by train, Phunphin Train Station is the nearest station to reach Phuket province. After check-out from the bogies, catching a bus or Taxi to get Phuket respectively. For more info call Hua Lampong (Bangkok's Railway Station) tel:0-2223-7010, 0-2223-7020, 1690 or www.railway.co.th
- By Private Car: From Bangkok,
1) driving along the
National Highway #35 (Thon Buri-Pak Tho
route) via Samut Songkram province then reaching to Highway #4
or A2 (Petchkasem Road--the main route
through Southern) via Petchburi province and Hua Hin to Prachuap Khiri
Khan, Chumphon ,Ranong and Phang Nga provinces. Passing Khura Buri,
Takua Pa and Thai Mueang districts taking along this route going to
Highway #402. Go Straight on this route about 1 hour, then reaching the
Sarasin Bridge and the welcome monumet of "PHUKET GATEWAY". Total
distance is approximately 850 km.
2) When reaching Chumphon, Alterating to take Highway #41 passing Lang
Suan and Tha Chana through Khiri Rat Nikhom districts of Surat Thai
province (last two ones) by turning right traffic at Ban Tha Rong Chang
Junction to take Highway #401, then driving via Khiri Rat Nikhom and
Ban Ta Khun. Remind yourself prepare to take a new route that is
Highway #415 for destination Plai Phraya district along the road
through Ao Luek and Takua Thung district. Turning back to the Highway #4
or A2 again, driving through traffic along this route,
passing Ban Khok Kloi and straight onto the Sarasin Bridge, then you
will see the welcome monument "PHUKET GATEWAY". Total distance is
estimately 862 km., infact the latter route is the best way local used
to drive mostly.
Please pay more attention. Visitors To Thailand is not responsible for any error of other websites or third party; moreover, the mistake of accommodation telephone numbers.